Jodie Whittaker, who portrays the 13th incarnation of sci-fi icon Doctor Who, took to Twitter to share a message of hope to a world affected by the coronavirus.
1. Remember, you will get through this. Whilst things remain uncertain and unclear, the Doctor shares a poignant reminder that "darkness never prevails." No matter what. She's been to the future so she knows what she’s talking about.
2. Tell jokes. Perhaps our favorite bit of advice: tell jokes. "Even bad ones. Especially bad ones." Roger that!
3. Be kind. The Doctor reminds us to check in with friends, neighbors, and strangers alike. "Be kind. Even kinder than you were yesterday – and I know you were super kind yesterday!" Whilst she knows how great humanity can be, she also knows we can always be better. Thirteen wants you to talk, share and check in with people, "Cause in the end, we're all family."
4. Listen to science, listen to doctors. Right now, Doctors, health professionals, and service workers are working their butts off for us because, as The Doctor says, "They've got your back." So listen up, stay informed, and stay safe.
5. Stay strong, stay positive. There's nothing like a message of hope from a kind time-traveller to make us smile when times are hard. "Stay strong. Stay positive. You’ve got this."